How to Apply
STEP One: Learn about the trips!
Learn About the Trips!
- Talk to past participants or leaders,
- Visit our web page at http://www.stthomas.edu/vision.
- Stop by the VISION office 207 ASC and we’ll be happy to talk!
- Attend an information session:
|Tues. Sept. 15th||Convo Hour||Lib. LL20|
|Thurs. Sept. 17th||Convo Hour||
McNeely 100 (BUS 200 Fair) and Lib. LL20
|Mon. Sept. 21st||5:30 pm||Lib. LL20|
|Tues. Sept. 22nd||Convo Hour||Monahan Plaza (Activities Fair)|
|Thurs. Sept. 24th||Convo Hour||Campus Way (Faith and Service Fair) and Lib. LL20|
|Wed. Sept. 30th||5:30 pm||Lib. LL20|
|Thurs. Oct. 1st||Convo Hour||Lib. LL20|
STEP TWO: Apply!
- Click below to download and fill out an application.
- Complete your trip applications and scholarship applications.
- Email all applications to VISION@stthomas.edu by Monday, October 5th. We prefer you email the application for convenience and to lessen our impact on the environment, but if that is not available to you, physical copies can be turned in to Jacob Cunningham in ASC 207.
- If you are interested in applying for a VISION scholarship, click below
STEP Three: Submit!
Submit both Program and Scholarship Applications to VISION@stthomas.edu by Monday, October 5th!
STEP Four: Interviews!
- You will be notified via email if you have been given an interview
Accept Your Interview
- Please tell us if you are not accepting your interview. All interviewees must sign up for your interview or your spot will be given to someone on the waitlist.
- You will be placed on an interview with two leaders from a specific trip. This does not necessarily mean that you will be placed on this trip as placement happens after interviews.
- Each interview is 45 minutes to 1 hour long. They will be held on campus. While these interviews are meant to be casual and informal we ask that you come prepared to share yourself and your contribution to the VISION program.
STEP Five: Accept!
Find Out What Trip You’re On!
- You will be notified via email if you have been placed on a trip and which trip you have been placed on.
- While your site preferences are considered, you are not guaranteed a place on your first choice trip. We do our best to place applicants on trips that fit their interests, experience, the needs of their group, and the entire program. We ask you to be open to the possibility of being placed on any of our seven wonderful trips.
Confirm Your Spot on a Trip!
- Sign and return your trip contract to the Campus Ministry office
STEP Six: Orientation!
Large Group Orientation!
- All participants are required to attend Large Group Orientation to meet your trip groups, receive important information on both the VISION program and your individual trip, and begin your VISION journey!
- Our time between acceptance and when trips leave we need to squeeze a lot of information and bonding into a short amount of time.
- Your participation is mandatory. If you cannot attend, your will forfeit your spot on the trip.
Small Group Orientations!
- This is a chance for you to meet with your group and prepare for your trips. Your trip leaders will be responsible for organizing these meetings.
- Plan on 3-4 small group orientations.