How to Become a Peer Minister!
Applications now available for 2014-2015 through the Student Leadership Selection Process.
Please visit the Student Leadership Selection website to learn more about how to apply for the Peer Minister position and other paid student leadership positions. The deadline for application is February 11, 2014.
Who are Student Peer Ministers?
Student Peer Ministers are a team of undergraduate student leaders within Campus Ministry committed to the Gospel call to love and serve our neighbors. The primary responsibility of the Peer Minister is to live out the Gospel message through outreach to the student body by:
• Offering welcoming, guidance, compassion, and faith-filled support for their peers
• Providing a safe place for the soul to question, ponder, explore, grow, and develop
• Inviting students to opportunities for spiritual development and faith awareness through prayer, faith sharing, and religious and spiritual programs and activities
• Helping to build an inclusive and hospitable community
• Being available for listening and referral opportunities
• Empowering and engaging students to be leaders
Qualifications for Student Peer Minister position
• Motivation to serve their peers out of heartfelt compassion and concern for God’s people
• Be a positive role-model and witness to a life of faith on and off campus
• Desire to grow in faith and/or discern a call to ministry
• Have completed 2 full semesters at the University of St. Thomas – preference given to Junior and Senior students
• Have on-campus living experience (preferred)
• Have maintained a GPA of at least 2.5 or above and be in good standing with the University
• Previous experience working in youth ministry or leadership position helpful but not required
Student Peer Ministers work 15-20 hours a week during the regular academic year (excluding school breaks) and receive compensation of a Shared Room and a Meal Plan in exchange for their service.
The Peer Ministry application process is part of the overall Student Leadership Selection Process through Campus Life. Application materials for 2014-2015 available here.
Application Timeline for Non-Study Abroad Candidates:
- November 15, 2013 – Applications open for both study abroad and non-study abroad candidates
- February 11, 2014 – Application Materials Due
- February 12, 2014 – Sign Up for Initial Interviews – you will be contacted by email to set up a time for a 20 minute interview and a link to submit supplemental application materials (Short Answer Questions and Candidate References)
- February 16, 2014 – Supplemental application materials due by 11:59 pm
- February 17-20, 2014 – Initial Interviews
- March 1, 2014 – Final Interviews (approximately 30 minutes). You will be notified by email if you are selected for a second interview and instructions on how to sign-up.
- March 13, 2014 - Offers will be emailed
- March 21, 2014 – Deadline for position acceptance of offered position