Clubs and organizations are an integral part of student life at St. Thomas. They exist to provide you with an opportunity to continue your education outside of the classroom. Choosing to be involved is a great way to enhance social, interpersonal, problem solving and many other important skills. With approximately 140 clubs and organizations you are bound to find some groups which meet your interest. Visit Tommie Link by clicking the image below to explore the directory of current clubs, events and related news.
An organization is a formal group of people with one or more shared goals. For recognition purposes, a club/organization must be comprised of at least ten University of St. Thomas students, have a stated purpose, constitution, and comply with university policies and procedures including those outlined in the Club Handbook 2017, USG Constitution and the Undergraduate Student Policy Handbook.
Check out the quick links section below for helpful information:
- Club Handbook 2017
- Undergraduate Student Handbook
- Political Activity
- Alcohol & Drugs
- Statement Regarding the Addressing of Controversial Issues
- Gambling, Raffles and Games of Chance
- Sales & Solicitation
- University Graphic Identity (Name & Logo)
- Copyright & Film Showings
- Anderson Student Center
- Request a room
- Check the status of your request
- Campus Scheduling Services Resource for Clubs
- Submit a setup diagram
- Change/Cancel a room request
- Submit a Request For Service
- Request a room
- Create a new 25Live login (needed for first time requestors)
- Please review these ASC Best Practices for reserving space in the Anderson Student Center
- Please note in the ASC, you must add setup and teardown times for each reservation.
- Meetings Rooms = 15 minutes setup/teardown
- Hearth Room, Scooters, Dance & Bowling = 30 minutes setup/teardown
- Woulfe Alumni Hall = 1 hour setup/teardown
- Order food (UST On-The-Go Menu)
- Create a NetCatering login (needed for first time requestors)
- Request a room
- Request ITS Support (A/V Tech)
- Request Facilities Management Support (Trash, Recycling, Power, etc...)
- Event Planning
- Publicity Opportunities
- Student Reimbursement
- Deposit Form (into club accounts)
- Request a Budget Report (current club account balance)
- Request a Transaction Detail Report (year-to-date financial activity)
- Undergraduate Student Government (USG) funding
- Internal Fundraising (raising money for your own club)
- External Fundraising (raising money for an non-UST entity)
- Gifts & Giving (Development)
- Budget Management
- Student Reimbursement (Advisor approval needed, must abide by policy)
- Deposit Form (Business Office)
- Paying a Vendor (Purchasing & Payables)
- How to process contracts
Travel and Transportation Policy (from the Club and Organization Handbook)
1. All student clubs must register their off-campus events and activities (including overnight trips) sponsored by the club with the Department of Campus Life by filling out the on-line registration form found below.
2. All club members participating in off-campus travel must also fill out a liability waiver and submit to Campus Life prior to leaving campus (standalone form available below, all members listed in the on-line registration form will be emailed a link to the form with instructions to drop off liability waivers to Campus Life in ASC 325). Campus Life staff will help club leaders in determining which forms must be completed and how to make arrangements using university-preferred vendors.
3. All attendees at club-sponsored events off-campus must abide by all University of St. Thomas policies and guidelines throughout the duration of the event as if they were on-campus, including but not limited to the Student Code of Conductand the Policy on Alcohol and Drugs.
4. Use of alcohol is prohibited at any club events on or off-campus.
Travel services are provided to UST clubs and organizations via preferred vendors. To access this vendor information, see Purchasing then click on “Find a Vendor.” You will need to log in with your UST username and password. Please also refer to the Policy for Off-Campus Travel for further information.