The Fall Leadership Institute (FLI), sponsored by the Department of Campus Life, is a three-day leadership conference opportunity for all undergraduate students, including those who are involved in clubs and organizations or are student affairs student staff members, interested in furthering their leadership development. This year’s theme is “Leadership on Purpose”, which highlights being intentional about the leadership journey. Student participants will make connections, develop skills that will aid in a leadership role, and explore topics that will help leaders grow personally and professionally.
In addition to 60 one-hour breakout sessions and 10 two-hour workshop sessions facilitated by faculty and staff across campus, there will be three exciting keynote speakers to share their message about leadership and how to make a positive change in the world.
The focus of FLI is to further personal leadership development and the building of leadership skills related to the students position(s).
At FLI students will:
- Explore and develop skills in intercultural communication, networking and group dynamics
- Think critically about their personal leadership styles and find opportunities to develop them
- Work skillfully with student leaders, faculty and staff to engage in dialogue and collaborate to create intentionally inclusive environments and quality programming on campus
- Learn resources in fiscal management, marketing, time management, event planning and other University policies and procedures to make informed decisions and create successful programs
- Learn to articulate their leadership experience, how their roles fit within the context of the larger UST community and how they contribute to advancing the common good
For more information or to inquire about registering for Fall Leadership Institute, please contact Ed Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.