Journal Voucher approval process and on-line submission
Effective May 5, 2008.
Journal vouchers are used to make adjustments or corrections to cash receipt entries, cash disbursements, or other accounting entries. For example, it could be used to correct an index code used to record a cash disbursement.
The online journal voucher system will do the following:
- Provide departments the ability to submit journal vouchers via Murphy Online-Finance. Email submissions are no longer necessary.
- Create an online approval process.
- Validate journal entries before they are submitted for approval.
- Generate email messages when vouchers are ready for approval, disapproved by approvers, or submitted to Banner.
- Keep an electronic record of all journal vouchers submitted by an individual, including the reason for the journal voucher and any supporting documentation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Controller's Office at (651)962-6103 or visit the Journal Entries website: http://www.stthomas.edu/controllersoffice/journalvouchers.htm