Expectations of OCB Students
As a member of the Opus College of Business (OCB) community, I accept that it is my responsibility to:
Act in a professional manner by:
- Taking personal responsibility for my own education.
- Preparing fully for each class; completing assignments on time, honestly and to the best of my ability.
- Participating in class discussions without dominating the discourse.
- Participating fully in group assignments, to include providing constructive and candid assessment of self and others in group projects.
- Seeking the applications of material learned in past courses.
Model professionalism within the OCB community by:
- Using professional language and communicating politely and respectfully with classmates and instructors.
- Conducting myself ethically, honestly, and with integrity in all situations and not tolerating academic dishonesty in others.
- Treating all members of the OCB community with trust, respect, and professional civility regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, age, marital status or status with regard to public assistance, discouraging the use of inappropriate humor designed to denigrate individuals or groups, and insisting on the same from others.
- Being fair and impartial when giving feedback on the performance of other community members.
Adapted from the Eastern Michigan University, College of Business’ Student Code of Conduct, with permission.