Entrepreneurial educational at the college is informed by theory, shaped by practice and guided by values.
The St. Thomas entrepreneur aspires to:
- Lead a balanced and integrated life.
- Recognize a sense of broader community responsibilities and contribute to the common good.
- Believe in effective stewardship of all resources available to the venture.
- Demonstrate prudent planning and informed decision-making throughout all stages of a business’ development -- from opportunity recognition, to start-up, through growth -- in light of the inherent risks that challenge new ventures.
- Respect the dignity of all workers and create a work environment that maximizes individuals’ opportunities for growth and development.
- Provide leadership that is firmly grounded in the founders’ core values to sustain a strong vision and culture for the venture.
- Believe that the interests of all stakeholders impacted by the venture deserve respectful consideration.
- Share the rewards of success with those who helped create it.
- Recognize that building a strong team is critical for success.
- Encourage each team member to participate to his or her fullest ability.
- Expand knowledge and awareness through continual learning to enhance the organization’s performance.
- Learn from mistakes.