Use our checklist as you prepare to apply to the UST MSRE program.
Access the online application form to set up your account and complete your application. The application can be completed in a single session or over the course of many days or weeks. The more information you have at the ready (résumé, letters of recommendation), the faster it will be to complete your application.
In order to complete your online application, you'll need to upload your résumé. Be prepared by having your résumé completed and ready to upload.
Letters of recommendation may be requested through the online application. As you decide who to ask for a reference, keep in mind they will be asked to speak to the following areas within their letter:
- Their relationship to you and length of time they have known you
- Their impression of your ability to succeed in a graduate business program
- Your outstanding characteristics and areas where you need to grow or develop
- Your present impact on your organization or business
- How a graduate business degree would influence your professional growth
- Your complete contact information
Please provide each recommender with the list of topics to be addressed either in the suggested email or you can also download this PDF form and provide it to them in person. Letters can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. mail to the address to the right.
You'll also need to have your essays completed and ready to upload in order to submit your online application.
We require a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.
If your institution offers electronic transcripts, please send them to email@example.com. Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
Graduate Admissions & Reporting
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
Exception: Transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits are not required.
Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to pay by credit card or check. You can also receive a fee waiver code by attending an admissions information event.
English Proficiency Tests
If English is not your native language, you must submit scores from either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Our institutional code is 6110. Official score reports (not photocopies) are required. Please keep in mind that scores may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive in our office.
- IELTS: minimum overall band score of 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 on each of the four sections.
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test): minimum total score of 90, with a minimum score of 20 on each of the four sections.
If you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand, you are exempt from taking an English proficiency test.
International Transcript Evaluation
We require applicants’ credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are two options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) is an independent transcript evaluation service that the Opus College of Business accepts for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” and the “Course-by-Course Evaluation Report” option.
- Alternatively, St. Thomas can provide transcript evaluation for a fee of $100. If you choose to have St. Thomas do your evaluation, you will not receive a copy of your evaluation. To use St. Thomas, fill out our online form to sign up and pay for your evaluation.
If you already have a transcript evaluation, or would prefer to have it completed on your own, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-8800 to ensure that the evaluation service you use is accepted by our university.