Program at a Glance
A well respected graduate accounting degree program that offers a flexible schedule and allows you to earn graduate credits during your undergraduate studies. In addition, our built-in professional development will set you apart from the competition.
The St. Thomas MSA is the most-established full-time graduate accounting program in the region.
Master of Science in Accountancy
- Part-time or full-time program
- Students receive enhanced technical competency through advanced accounting courses
- Explores core concepts in-depth and from multiple perspectives
- Faculty with real-world experience
- Access to experts addressing leading-edge topics and emerging issues
- An emphasis on business ethics to develop students as principled business leaders
- Personal coaching from faculty and staff to distinguish yourself in today's competitive environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent*
- Application form and essays
- 2 letters of recommendation
- GMAT score (current St. Thomas undergraduate accounting majors may request a waiver of this requirement)
- Current résumé
- Personal statement
Incoming Student Profile
Average age: 22
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.5
Average GMAT score: 560
50% of students are St. Thomas undergraduates
10% international students
*Equivalent coursework includes all of the following upper-level courses: an intermediate accounting sequence of courses, auditing, corporate income tax, cost accounting, advanced accounting, accounting information systems, business law and financial management.
A 31-credit, intensive program designed to be completed in one year or on a flexible basis.
12 courses and seminars in an intensive, highly integrated curriculum of active learning.