To apply for admission, please complete and submit all required parts of the application.
Access the online application form to set up your account and complete your application. The application can be completed in a single session or over the course of many days or weeks. The more information you have at the ready (résumé, letters of recommendation), the faster it will be to complete your application.
In order to complete your online application, you'll need to upload your most recent résumé.
You'll also need to have your essay completed and ready to upload in order to submit your online application.
Letters of recommendation may be requested through the online application. As you decide who to ask for a reference, keep in mind they will be asked to speak to the following areas within their letter:
- Their relationship to you and length of time they have known you
- Their impression of your ability to succeed in a graduate business program
- Your outstanding characteristics and areas where you need to grow or develop
- Your present impact on your organization or business
- How an M.B.A. would influence your professional growth
- Your complete contact information
After the majority of your application has been received, we will schedule an admissions interview. This one-hour interview will typically include the Health Care MBA staff and a current student, alumnus or member of the faculty.
We require a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.
If your institution offers electronic transcripts, please send them to email@example.com. Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
Graduate Records - Admissions
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
International Applicants: See transcript evaluation requirements listed in the international checklist.
Exception: Transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits are not required.
Academic credentials: Transcript, diploma, English translation
We require applicants’ credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are two options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) is an independent transcript evaluation service that the Opus College of Business accepts for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” and the “Course-by-Course Evaluation Report” option.
- Alternatively, St. Thomas can provide transcript evaluation for a fee of $100. If you choose to have St. Thomas do your evaluation, you will not receive a copy of your evaluation. To use St. Thomas, fill out our online form to sign up and pay for your evaluation.
If you already have a transcript evaluation, or would prefer to have it completed on your own, please contact the admissions office at HealthCareMBA@stthomas.edu or (651) 962-4135 to ensure that the evaluation service you use is accepted by our university.
Use a credit card online or mail a check to our office to pay the fee. Alternately, avoid the fee entirely by attending an admissions information event to receive a fee waiver code.
As an executive-style program, the Health Care MBA does not require the GMAT for admission. However, if you have taken the test you may choose to submit your score. To submit your application without a GMAT test score, choose "no" in answer to the question, "Have you taken the GMAT?" on the online application.