Academics and Curriculum
The Health Care UST MBA curriculum consists of 18 three-credit courses that combine online and classroom learning in a cohort model.
Our core curriculum represents those courses determined to be critical in providing a solid overall business foundation with a health care focus. From Strategy and Finance to Human Resources and Marketing, you will gain a broad business understanding that prepares you for leadership.
You will learn the business foundation that can be applied to business models in all sectors of the economy. Your courses will examine best practices, management tools and trends from across industries and how to apply or modify them to new conditions or business models. You will establish mental models for ethical decision making and strategic leadership, and develop frameworks to think creatively about new opportunities and challenges.
In addition, the Health Care UST MBA has launched a new program of personalized leadership assessments for our incoming students. This series of assessments focuses on leadership and critical thinking skills and provide the basis for a professional development plan specific to your individualized development priorities.
- Overview of the Health Care System (MGMT 630)
- Statistical Methods for Decision Making (OPMT 600)
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 601)
- Human Resource Management (MGMT 610)
- Management of Organizational Behavior (MGMT 600)
- Operations Management (OPMT 610)
- Marketing Management (MKTG 600)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 605)
- Financial Management (FINC 600)
- Business Ethics (BETH 601)
- Health Care Economics (GBEC 630)
- Financing & Funding the Health Care System (MGMT 733)
- Health Care Policy (MGMT 732)
- Leadership (MGMT 603)
- Health Care Topics (MGMT 714)
- Health Law Biomedical Ethics (BLAW 745)
- Integrative Study / Major Project (MGMT 734)
- Strategic Management – Capstone (MGMT 799)