Course Formats and Schedules
The classroom experience relies on extensive discussion and collaboration, fostering an environment that is student-focused and which leverages the experiences and backgrounds of our graduate certificate students.
During fall and spring semesters, traditional graduate certificate courses usually meet once per week, Monday - Thursday, for three hours. Classes typically run from 6-9 p.m.
During the summer session, courses typically meet from late May to August, from 5:30-9:45 p.m. on weeknights.
Accelerated J-term classes typically meet once per week, Monday - Thursday, and all day Saturday throughout the month of January.
Designed to provide students with additional schedule flexibility, blended courses feature the latest online instructional technologies to complement less frequent classroom sessions on campus.
If enrolled in a blended format course, during the weeks between on-campus meetings you will still stay engaged with web-based presentations and interactions with peers and faculty.
Graduate certificate students find the flexibility of blended courses helps them to:
- balance work and family commitments.
- save time and money with less trips to campus.
- manage when and where they learn.
- enhance their learning through the combination of online and face-to-face experiences.
- more easily accommodate increased credit loads and accelerate their degree completion.