Apply to Graduate
You must complete the graduation application in order to participate in commencement ceremonies.
Why do I need to submit a graduation application? Your commencement coordinator collects multiple types of useful information and data from your application, including the following:
- How do you want your name spelled on your diploma and in the commencement program? (Note: Even if you do not participate in the commencement ceremony, your name will still be printed in the program.)
- Are you participating in the commencement ceremony?
- What size cap/gown do you need?
- How do you want your name pronounced when you are introduced?
- Do you want a letter sent to your mentor or supervisor from Dean Lenway, acknowledging your accomplishment in completing your MBA?
When should I submit the graduation application? January or February of the year you graduate.
What if I need to make a change after I have submitted my graduation application? We do our best to accommodate students. Still, the graduation process involves a lot of details and planning. Please try to avoid changes or exceptions, especially at the last minute. However, if you do need to make a change, email DeAnn Kautzman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: The application currently requires you to submit a middle name. If you do not have one, please put in "nm" or "nmn" in lower case letters. This will indicate that you do not have a middle name.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get a copy of my official transcript? About 3-4 weeks after commencement, your degree will be “awarded” and posted to your transcript. You can see your unofficial transcript in Murphy on-line. Once you notice that the degree has been awarded, you can order an official transcript from the Registrar's Office.
When will I receive my diploma? Your diploma will be mailed to you approximately 10-12 weeks after the commencement ceremony. Be sure your contact information, especially your mailing address, is correct in Murphy on-line.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- First, check the Commencement website.
- Your academic advisor. Contact information is below.
- Email DeAnn Kautzman, the commencement coordinator.
Alumni Registration Policy
As an alumni you can return to take any graduate-level College of Business courses with the following conditions:
- Audit courses for the cost of one credit. This means you can participate in the course and the course will show up on your transcript, but no academic credit will be assigned.
- Take a course for full academic credit at full cost of tuition.
- Financial aid is not available.
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate Student Services office at (651) 962-4200 or email@example.com.
Your UST email account will remain active for about year after you graduate, but then it will expire. You can set up a lifetime account through The Quad which you can use after your student account expires.
We recommend transferring all your contacts or important messages early, before your account expires.
If you have any other questions you can call the Tech Desk at (651) 962-6230.