Students from around the world have always been part of the Full-time UST MBA program. Each brings a breadth of experience and perspective that is representative of the breadth of life experience and cultural diversity that graduates can anticipate in the 21st century workplace.
All requirements for international students to apply for the Full-time UST MBA program, including transcript evaluations and English proficiency tests, are detailed below.
Application Checklist – International
The following elements comprise a complete application for the Full-time UST MBA program:
Access the online application form to set up your account and complete your application. The application can be completed in a single session or over the course of many days or weeks. The more information you have at the ready (résumé, letters of recommendation), the faster it will be to complete your application.
In order to complete your online application, you'll need to upload your résumé. Be prepared by having your resume completed and ready to upload.
You'll also need to have your essay completed and ready to upload in order to submit your online application.
We require a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.
If your institution offers electronic transcripts, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
Graduate Records - Admissions
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
International Applicants: See transcript evaluation requirements listed in the international checklist.
Exception: Transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits are not required.
Academic credentials: Transcript, diploma, English translation
We require applicants’ credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are three options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) are independent transcript evaluation services that the Opus College of Business accepts for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE or WES do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE or WES, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” option.
- Alternatively, St. Thomas can provide transcript evaluation for a fee of $100. If you choose to have St. Thomas do your evaluation, you will not receive a copy of your evaluation. To use St. Thomas, fill out our online form to sign up and pay for your evaluation.
If you already have a transcript evaluation, or would prefer to have it completed on your own, please contact the admissions office at email@example.com or (651) 962-8800 to ensure that the evaluation service you use is accepted by our university.
The Full-time MBA program accepts either GMAT or GRE official scores.
On the day you take your exam, before you begin, you may select which colleges or schools should receive your Official Score Report. Select “University of Saint Thomas - Opus College of Business - MBA, Full Time” to send us a score report.
If English is not your native language, you must submit scores from either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Our institutional code is 6110. Official score reports (not photocopies) are required. Please keep in mind that scores may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive in our office.
- IELTS: minimum overall band score of 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 on each of the four sections.
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test): minimum total score of 90, with a minimum score of 20 on each of the four sections.
If you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand, you are exempt from taking an English proficiency test.
Letters of recommendation may be requested through the online application. As you decide who to ask for a reference, keep in mind they will be asked to speak to the following areas within their letter:
- Their relationship to you and length of time they have known you
- Their impression of your ability to succeed in a graduate business program
- Your outstanding characteristics and areas where you need to grow or develop
- Your present impact on your organization or business
- How graduate study would influence your professional growth
- Your complete contact information
Use a credit card online, mail a check to our office, or participate in an admissions information event to receive a fee waiver code.
The admissions committee will contact qualified applicants to schedule an admission interview once their application is complete. The admissions committee will schedule telephone interviews with applicants from outside the local area who are unable to visit campus. Applicants must have a complete application on file prior to the phone interview.
Depending on where you are currently living, additional documentation may be required including:
- Copy of I-94 card
- Copy of Visa page
- Copy of former I-20
- SEVIS Transfer Verification
Once admitted to the program, our International Admissions Office will work with you to obtain a student visa. The I-20 immigration form will be issued only after all admissions requirements have been fulfilled and you have been accepted to the program.
Upon admission, international students are required to submit the International Student Questionnaire and Financial Certification Form(with bank statement or other financial support documentation). This form is available from St. Thomas' International Admissions Office at (651) 962-6450. Financial verification is not considered in the admission decision. It is for visa application purposes only.