Associate Professor : Accounting Department
Send an email
Wen Yu has published in both accounting and finance journals. Her work is motivated by the desire to better understand the role of corporate disclosure and managerial finance decisions in the allocation of resources in a capital market economy. She teaches Introduction to Financial Accounting and Intermediate Accounting. She also does research in accounting education.more
B.A., Central University of Finance and Economics (Beijing, China)
M.Acc., Case Western Reserve University
Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University
- Corporate disclosure
- Corporate finance
- Dual-class splits and stock liquidity
- Earnings valuation and insider trading
- Value line timeliness rank upgrades
"Price delay premium and liquidity risk," with J. C. Lin, A. Singh and S. Sun, Journal of Financial Markets, forthcoming.
Matson, Diane and Wen Yu, "Dr. Sterling’s Disability Insurance Claim: A Case Study," Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting 3:2 (2011): 417-439.
- Nayar, Nandkumar, Ajai Singh and Wen Yu, "Unraveling a Puzzle: The Case of Value Line Timeliness Rank Upgrades," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management 25:4 (2011): 379-409.
- Fogarty, Tim and Wen Yu, "The Sustainability of Success: Distinguishing the Lucky from the Good in the Stacked Deck of Academic Accounting," 20 (2010): 63-89.
Lin, J. C., Ajai Singh, and Wen Yu, "Stock Splits, Trading Continuity, and the Cost of Equity Capital," Journal of Financial Economics 93:3 (2009): 474-489.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- "Market reaction, revised proceeds, and the classification of seasoned equity offerings" won the TFA Outstanding Paper Award in the 2012 KFA & TFA Joint Conference in Finance.
- "Stock Splits, Trading Continuity, and the Cost of Equity Capital" won the Outstanding Paper Awards in the 2008 NTU International Conference on Finance.