Dale B. Thompson
Associate Professor : Ethics and Business Law Department
Send an email
B.A., economics, Williams College
M.A., economics, Stanford University
Ph.D., economics, Stanford University
J.D., Stanford Law School
- Environmental policy and law
- Health care policy
- Financial market regulation
- Federalism & financial markets
- Automobile industry
- "Unmistakably Clear Coercion: Finding a Balance between Judicial Review of the Spending Power and Optimal Federalism," San Diego Law Review, forthcoming.
- "Of Rainbows and Rivers: Lessons for Telecommunications Spectrum Policy from Transitions in Property Rights and Commons in Water Law," Buffalo Law Review 54 (2006): 157.
- "Valuing the Environment: Courts' Struggles with Natural Resource Damages," Environmental Law 32 (2002): 57.
- Book Review of "Global Emissions Trading: Key Issues for Industrialized Countries," Natural Resources Journal 41 (2001): 755.
- "Political Obstacles to the Implementation of Emissions Markets: Lessons from RECLAIM," Natural Resources Journal 40 (2000): 645.
- "Beyond Benefit-Cost Analysis: Institutional Transaction Costs and the Regulation of Water Quality," Natural Resources Journal 39 (1999): 517.
- "Immigration Policy through the Lens of Optimal Federalism," William & Mary Policy Review 2 (2011): 236.
- "The Next Stage of Health Care Reform: Controlling Costs by Paying Health Plans Based on Health Outcomes," Akron Law Review 44 (2011): 727.
- "Why we Need a Superfund for Hedge Funds," Mississippi Law Journal 79 (2010): 995.
- "Optimal Federalism across Institutions: Theory and Applications from Environmental Policies and Health Care," Loyola University Chicago Law Journal 40 (2009): 2009.