Associate Professor of Business Economics : Finance Department
Send an email
B.A., economics, Ohio State University
M.A., economics, University of Rochester
Ph.D., economics, University of Rochester
- Public finance
- Industrial organization
- Economics of gambling
- Economics of education
- Organizational governance and architecture
- State and local taxation
- The tax incidence of state lottery games
- The effects of income and casino competition on charitable gambling
- "The Effects of Fiscal Competition on Local Property and Income Tax Reliance," Topics in Economic Analysis & Policy 5:1 (2005): 1-19.
- Spry, John and J. Crowley, "Assessing the Impact of Monopoly Toll Road Service Areas," Eastern Economic Journal 30:3 (2004): 381-397.
- "The Determinants of Indiana Lottery Sales." Paper presented at the National Tax Association Conference, Texas, November 2003.
- Coelho, P., J. McClure, and J. Spry, "The Social Responsibility of Corporate Management: A Classical Critique," Mid-American Journal of Business 18:1, (2003): 15-24.
- Combs, K. L., J. B. Kim, and J. Spry, “The Relative Regressivity of Seven Lottery Games,” Applied Economics, 40:1, (2008): 35–39.
Personal Web Page: