Peter B. Southard
Associate Professor : Operations and Supply Chain Management Department
Send an email
B.S., Iowa State University
M.B.A., Drake University
Ph.D., University of Nebraska
- Southard, Peter B., Chandra Charu and Sameer Kumar, "RFID in Healthcare: A Six Sigma DMAIC and Simulation Case Study," International Journal of Healthcare Quality Assurance 25:4 (2012).
- Southard, Peter B. and Sameer Kumar, "A Modified Delphi Methodology to Conduct an FMEA," Quality Management in Health Care 20:2 (April/June, 2011): 131-151.
- Southard, Peter B. and S. Swenseth, "Evaluating Vendor-Managed Inventory (VMI) in Non-Traditional Environments Using Simulation," International Journal of Production Economics 116 (2008): 275-287.
- "Reverse Auctions and Supplier Consortia." In Best Practices for Online Procurement Auctions, edited by Diane Parente, 10-25. IGI Global, Inc., 2008.
- Southard, Peter B. and D. Parente, "A Model of Internal Benchmarking: When and How?," Benchmarking: An International Journal 14:2 (2007): 161-171.
- "The Cost of Securing the Supply Chain from Terrorism." In Battleground: Business, edited by M. Walden and P. Thoms, 547-554. Greenwood Publishing Group, Inc., 2007.
- "Teaching Your Passion: Using Toy Trains and History Lessons," International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education 1:4 (2006): 395-406.
- Southard, Peter B. and K. Siau, "A Survey of Online E-Banking Retail Initiatives," Communications of the ACM 47:10 (2004): 99-102.
- Southard, Peter B. and Scott Swenseth, "Transitioninig Operations to Accommodate Growing Pains in Evolving Companies," Management Decision 6 (2004): 578-586.
- Southard, Peter B. and K. Siau, "Community Banking in the E-Business Era," Journal of International Technology and Information Management 11:1 (2002): 135-149.
- Swenseth, S. R., J. R. Olson and P. B. Southard, "Extending Product Profiling Through Simulation," International Journal of Operations and Production Management 22:9 (2002): 956-971.
Current Community Relationships
- President-elect of MWDSI
- Executive Vice President of Twin City Model Railroad Museum
- Member (Regional), Annual Meeting of the Midwest Decision Sciences Institute, Conference Planning Committee, 2008
- Global Business Innovation and Development (GBID),International Scientific Committee (ISC) of 2008 (International),2008
Midwest Region of the Decision Sciences Institute, Vice President for Member Services (Regional). 2007.