Adjunct Faculty : Finance Department
John Schweers’ responsibilities have included worldwide treasury operations, commercial and investment banking relationships, risk and tax management responsibilities, and foreign exchange and investment management. Recently retired as a senior consultant of DeMarche Associates, Inc., an investment consulting firm based in Kansas City, Missouri, Schweers has been an adjunct faculty member for more than 10 years, having taught most of the classes offered by the Finance Department.more
B.A., english and economics, Tulane University, New Orleans
M.B.A., finance, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Recently retired as a senior consultant of DeMarche Associates, Inc., an investment consulting firm based in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Served as treasurer of two multinational manufacturing companies, the Trane Company and Donaldson Company.
- Assistant treasurer of a multinational manufacturing company, American Standard.
- Cash manager and international subsidiary controller for a multinational technology company, Texas Instruments.
- Financial management
- Corporate finance
- Multinational business finance
- Managing business risk
- Futures and options
Service and Board Appointments
- Member of the Investment Committee of the Franciscan Sisters of St. Paul
- Chairperson of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Foundation
- Member of the Investment Review Committee of the Metropolitan Council
- Member of the Investment Committee of the Indian Land Tenure Foundation