John J. Sailors
Associate Professor : Marketing Department
Send an email
B.B.A., University of Michigan
Ph.D., Northwestern University
- Consumer behavior
- Brand equity
- Brand loyalty
- Marketing research
- Brand architecture
- Drivers of retailer share of wallet
- Latent class segmentation methods
- Retailer equity
- Alexander, D., J. J. Sailors, J. A. Al-Khatib, M. I. Al-Habib, "The Effect of Near-vs-Distant-Future Mindsets on Socially Responsible Investors' Mutual Fund Preferences," Journal Of Financial Services Marketing 17:1 (2012): 67-79.
- Sailors, John J. and J. Heyman, "Compound Anchors and Their Subsequent Effect onJudgments," American Behavioral Scientist 55:8 (2011): 1035-1051.
- Al-Khatib, Jamal, Avinash Malshe, John J. Sailors and Irvine Clark, "The Impact of Deceitful Tendencies, Relativism and Opportunism on the Negotiation Tactics of US and Belgian Managers," European Journal of Marketing 45:12 (2011): 133-152.
- Heyman, James E. and John J. Sailors, "Peer Assessment of Class Participation: Applying Peer Nomination to Overcome Rating Inflation," Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education (2010).
- Malshe, Avinash, Jamal Al-Khatib and John J. Sailors, "Business to Business Negotiations: The Role of Relativism, Deceit, and Opportunism," Journal of Business to Business Marketing 17:2 (2010): 173-207.
- Militello, Jack, John J. Sailors and Mick Sheppeck, "The Equifinality of Success in the Operational Excellence Market Discipline," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 22:1 (2010): 2-24.
- "Preventing Childhood Obesity by Persuading Mothers to Breastfeed: Matching Appeal Type to Personality." In Leveraging Consumer Psychology for Effective Health Communications: The Obesity Challenge, edited by Rajeev Batra, Punam Anand Keller and Victor J. Strecher, Chapter 13. Armonk, N.Y.: M.E.Sharpe, 2010.
- Sailors, John J. and B. Calder, "The Product Stereotype Effect." Under review.
- “A Facet Model of Full-time MBA Student Satisfaction: Program Elements and Outcomes.” Paper presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- “Marketing Decision Support Systems and Firm Performance in the Middle East.” Paper presented at the Marketing Dynamics Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, 2010.
- “Spending Intentions Across Consumer Shopping Style Clusters at the Beginning of the Economic Downturn.” Paper presented at the European Institute of Retailing and Service Studies Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, June 2010.
- “Findings That Challenge Current Alignment Models.” Paper presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2009.
- “Preventing Childhood Obesity by Persuading Mothers to Breastfeed: Matching Appeal Type to Personality.” Paper presented at the Advertising and Consumer Psychology Conference, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2009.