Janice M. Raffield
Associate Professor : Accounting Department
Send an email
Janice Raffield is an associate professor of accounting. She is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a master’s in professional accountancy degree from Clemson University. Raffield has taught classes in accounting for more than 20 years. She was founding director of the Master of Science in Accountancy Program in the Opus College of Business from its inception in July 2005 until June 2009. She has experience in both public and corporate accounting. Her research interests are in alternative work arrangements in public accounting firms and the impact of gender on career advancement in the accounting profession. She is a member of the AICPA.more
B.A., psychology, Newberry College
M.S., education, California Lutheran College
M.P.A., auditing, Clemson University
- Educational preparation of accountants
- Application and effectiveness of active learning pedagogies in accounting education
- Gender issues in the accounting profession
- Raffield, Janice and F. Coglitore, "Auditor Performance and Pedagogy: An Analysis."
- Raffield, Janice and F. Coglitore, "Is It the Same for Men and Women: Perceptions About the Influence of Personality Traits on Advancement in Public Accounting."
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Best Faculty Paper Award, 1994 American Accounting Association Midwest Regional Annual Conference
- C.P.A., licensed in the state of South Carolina