Christopher P. Puto
Professor : Marketing Department
Send an email
B.S., economics, Spring Hill College
M.B.A., University of Miami
Ph.D., marketing, Duke University
- Advertising effectiveness
- Consumer and managerial decision-making
- Marketing strategy
- Transformational advertising
- Russell, C. and C. Puto, "Rethinking Television Audience Measures: An Exploration into the Construct of Audience Connectedness," Marketing Letters (1999).
- Puto, Christopher, L.R. Beach, S.E. Heckler, G. Naylor and T. Marble, "Differential Versus Unit Weighting of Violations, and the Role of Probability, in Image Theory’s Compatibility Test," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 65:2 (February, 1996): 77-82.
- Puto, Christopher and W. Qualls, "Organizational Climate and Decision Framing: An Integrated Approach to Analyzing Industrial Buying Decisions," Journal of Marketing Research (May, 1989).
- "The Framing of Buying Decisions," The Journal of Consumer Research 14 (December, 1987): 301-315.
- Puto, Christopher, J. Huber and J. Payne, "Adding Asymmetrically Dominated Alternatives: Violations of Regularity and the Similarity Hypothesis," Journal of Consumer Research 9 (June, 1982): 90-98.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Robert Ferber award, The Journal of Consumer Research, 1987
- Enterprising educator, The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship, 2000
- Best long-term contribution (ten years or older), The Journal of Consumer Research, 2002
- Board of Trustees, Spring Hill College
- Board of Directors, AACSB International
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest
- Board of Directors, Minnesota BioBusiness Alliance
- Board of Directors, National Black MBA Foundation
- Minneapolis Downtown Council