John R. Olson
Professor and Department Chair : Operations and Supply Chain Management Department
Send an email
B.A., University of Minnesota
M.B.A., St. Cloud State University
Ph.D., University of Nebraska
- Global operations management
- Impact of e-commerce on operations management
- Information sharing in the supply chain
- Implementation of health care initiatives
- Use of quality programs in health care settings
- Effect of Lean Six Sigma on governmental health care programs
- Operational analysis of public and privately-run health care program
- McLaughlin, D. B. and J. R. Olson. Healthcare Operations Management, 2nd edition. Healthcare Administration Press, 2012.
- Olson, J. R., J. Belohlav, and L. Cook, "A Rasch Model Analysis of Technology Usage in Minnesota Hospitals," International Journal of Medical Informatics (2012).
- Behohlay, J., L Cook, J. R. Olson, D. Drehmer, "Core Values in Hospitals: A Comparative Study," Quality Management Journal 17:4 (2010).
- Olson, J. R., J. Hays, J. Belohlav, and L. Cook, "Examining Quality Improvement Programs: The Case of Minnesota Hospitals," Health Services Research 43:5 (2008): 1787-1830.
- Olson, J. R., J. Belohlav, L. Hartman, and R. Rubin, "The Quandary of Serving Multiple Masters: An Institutional Exploratory Analysis of Publishing in Business Law," Midwest Law Review 20 (2006): 1-22.
- Olson, J. R. and L. Cook, "The Sky's the Limit: An Activity for Teaching Project Management: An Experiential Learning Activity," Journal Of Management Education 30 (2006): 404-420.
- Olson, J. R. and K. Boyer, "Internet Ticketing in a Not-For-Profit, Service Business: Building Customer Loyalty," International Journal Of Operations And Production Management 25:1 (2005): 74-93.
- Olson, John, J. Belohlav and K. Boyer, "Operational, Economic and Mission Elements in Not-For-Profit Organizations: A Case of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra," Journal of Operations Management 25:3 (2005): 125-143.
- Olson, John and K. Boyer, "Internet Ticketing in a Not-For-Profit, Service Business: Building Customer Loyalty," International Journal of Operations and Production Management 25:1 (2005): 74-93.
- Olson, John, M. Schniederjans and Q. Cao, "Consumer Perceptions of Product Quality: Made in China," Quality Management Journal 11:3 (2004): 8-19.
- Olson, John and K. Boyer, "Factors Influencing the Utilization of Internet Purchasing in Small Organizations," Journal of Operations Management 21:2 (2002): 225-245.
- Olson, John and K. Boyer, "Drivers of Internet Purchasing Success," Production and Operations Management 11:4 (2002): 480-498.
Significant and Scholarly and Professional Honors
Best paper award, Midwest Law Review, V20, pp 1-22.