Professor; Director, Health Care UST MBA : Management Department
Send an email
Jack Militello is a professor of management and academic director of the Health Care UST MBA program. In 2001, he introduced the undergraduate leadership and management concentration. Over the last three decades, Militello has balanced teaching, research and consulting.
Militello teaches courses in strategy, leadership and global economics. His teaching is moderated by experience – he is always learning from the business environment and translates that into teaching and research.
Militello is engaged in the business community from the academic setting, conducting primary research within organizations. His research focuses on organizational and strategic alignment – piecing together human resources, business processes and company culture. He also sits on a number of corporate and non-profit boards.
Militello’s consulting clients have ranged from Anheuser-Busch, Dupont, IBM and Mars Candy to banks, small manufacturing firms, family businesses and number of areas of government. He has consulted on a wide range of business issues from high-level strategy and mergers and acquisitions, to managing people and change.more
B.A., Boston College
M.A., University of Colorado
Ph.D., Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Health care sector management
- Leadership development and its link to strategic management
- Strategic planning
- Militello, Jack and Daniel B. McLaughlin, "The Underlying Theories of Health Care Reform in the United States – Strategic Implications for Hospitals," World Hospitals and Services 47:3 (2011).
- Militello, Jack, Mick Sheppeck and John Sailors, "The Equifinality of Success in the Operational Excellence Market Discipline," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 22:1 (Fall, 2010).
- Militello, Jack and Mick Sheppeck, "The Mediating Effect of Strategic Process in Affecting Firm Market Performance," Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences 19:2 (Fall, 2008).
- Militello, Jack and Mick Sheppeck, "Determining Organisational Alignment: A Research Model," Journal for Business and Behavioral Science 15:1 (Spring, 2007): 125-143.
- Militello, Jack and Mick Sheppeck, "Organizational Alignment and Competitive Advantage." Presented at the International Applied Research Conference in Edinburgh, Scotland, June, 2004.
- Optum Insight - talent development
- Minnesota Department of Human Services - strategic planning
- EMPI - strategy and product development
- Key Medical Equipment - strategic planning
- Rice Creek Water District - strategic planning
- Star Base - planning and board development
- Surgical Management Partners - planning and business development