Associate Professor : Entrepreneurship Department
Send an email
B.Sc., engineering, University of Birmingham (England)
B.Com., University of Birmingham (England)
M.B.A., University of Virginia
Ph.D., University of Virginia
- Entrepreneurial decision-making
- Entrepreneurial strategy
- Ethical deliberation and decision-making
- Scientifically pioneering business
- Decision-making approaches
- Science, entrepreneurship and ethics
- Stakeholder management
- McVea, John, R. E. Freeman and L. C. Dunham, "Strategy, Wisdom and Stakeholder Theory: A Pragmatic and Entrepreneurial View of Stakeholder Strategy." In Handbook of Organizational Wisdom, edited by Kessler, E. H. and J. R. Bailey. Sage Publications, forthcoming.
- "A 'Names and Faces' Approach to Stakeholder Management: How Focusing on Stakeholders as Individuals Can Bring Ethics and Entrepreneurial Strategy Together," Journal of Management Inquiry 14 (March, 2005).
- McVea, John and Wickes et. al., "Stakeholder Theory: The State of the Art and Future Perspectives," POLITEIA Anno XX:74 (2004).
- "Herbert Spencer: Providing Libertarian Foundations?" Business and Society Review (Fall, 2001).
- "A Stakeholder Approach to Strategic Management." In Handbook of Strategic Management, edited by M. Hitt. Blackwell Publishing, 2001.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Faculty Award, Academic Excellence, University of Virginia, 1996
- William Michael Shermet Award for Academic Excellence, University of Virginia, 1995