Associate Professor : Marketing Department
Send an email
B.Pharm., University of Bombay, India
M.B.A., University of Bombay, India
Ph.D., University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Sales-marketing interface
- Managerial perspectives on marketing strategy
- Business to business marketing
- Impact of sales-marketing interface dynamics on firm's strategic processes and marketplace outcomes
- Malshe, Avinash and Wim Biemans, "The Role of Sales in NPD: An Investigations of the Healthcare Industry," Journal of Product Innovation Management, forthcoming.
- Malshe, Avinash, Mohammed Al-Habib, Habibullah Torkistani, and Jamal Al-Khatib, "Challenges to Sales Force Transformation in Emerging Markets," Journal of Strategic Marketing, forthcoming.
- Biemans, Wim, Makovec Brenčič Maja, and Avinash Malshe, "Sales-marketing Interfaces within Business Firms," Transformation in Business and Economics 11, 2A (2012): 478-487.
- Malshe, Avinash, Jamal Al-Khatib, Mohammed Al-Habib and Shaza Ezzi, "Exploration of Sales-Marketing Interface Nuances in Saudi Arabia," Journal of Business Research 65 (2013): 1119-1125.
- Hughes, Douglas, Joel LeBon and Avinash Malshe, "The Marketing-Sales Interface at the Interface: Building Internal Competitive Advantage," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management 1 (Winter, 2012): 57-72.
- "An Exploration of Key Linkages within Sales-Marketing Interface," Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing 26:1 (2011): 45-57. 3rd most downloaded article in B2B marketing from JBIM site in 2011.
- Biemans, Wim, Maja Makovec Brenčič and Avinash Malshe, "Marketing-Sales Interface Configurations in B2B Firms," Industrial Marketing Management 39 (2010): 183-194.
- "How is Marketers’ Credibility Construed within Sales-Marketing Interface," Journal of Business Research 63 (2010): 13-19.
- Malshe, Avinash and Ravipreet S. Sohi, "What Makes Strategy Making across the Sales-Marketing Interface More Successful?" Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science 37 (2009): 400-421.
- Malshe, Avinash and Ravipreet S. Sohi, "Sales Buy-in of Marketing Strategies: Exploration of its Nuances, Antecedents and Contextual Conditions," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management XXIX:3: 207-225.
- "Strategic Sales Organizations: Transformation Challenges and Facilitators within the Sales-Marketing Interface," Journal of Strategic Marketing 17:3/4: 271-290.
- Pryor, Susie, Avinash Malshe, and Kyle Paradise, "Salesperson Listening in the Extended Sales Relationship: An Exploration of Cognitive, Affective, and Temporal Dimensions," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, forthcoming.
- Al-Khatib, Jamal, Avinash Malshe, John Sailors and Irvine Clark, "The Impact of Propensity to Lie, Relativism and Opportunism on the Negotiating Tactics: A Comparative Study of US and Belgian Managers," European Journal of Marketing 45:1/2 (2011): 133-157.
- Malshe, Avinash, Jamal Al-Khatib and John Sailors, "Business to Business Negotiations: The Role of Relativism, Deceit, and Opportunism," Journal of Business to Business Marketing 17:2 (2010): 173-207.
- Al-Khatib, Jamal, Avinash Malshe and M. AbdulKader, "Perceptions of Unethical Negotiation Tactics: A Comparative Study of US and Saudi Managers," International Business Review 17 (2008): 78-102.
- Jassawalla, Avan, Hemant Sashittal and Avinash Malshe, "Effects of Transparency and At-stakeness on Students’ Perceptions of Their Ability to Work Collaboratively in Effective Classroom Teams: A Partial Test of the Jassawalla & Sashittal Model," Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education 8:1 (2010): 35-54.
- Jassawalla, Avan, Hemant Sashittal and Avinash Malshe, "Students’ Perceptions of Social Loafing, Its Antecedents and Consequences in Undergraduate Business Classroom Teams," Academy of Management Learning and Education 8:1(2009): 9-24.
- Jassawalla, Avan, Hemant Sashittal and Avinash Malshe, "Social Loafing and its Effects on In-class Group Performance," Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education 6:2 (2008): 403-426.
Small Business Strategy
- Miller, N. J., T. L. Besser and A. Malshe, "Strategic Networking among Small Businesses in Small U.S. Business Communities," International Small Business Journal 25:6 (2007): 631-64.
- Arnould, E.J., L.L. Price and A. Malshe, "Toward a Cultural Resource-Based Theory of the Customer." In Toward a Service-Dominated Logic of Marketing, edited by R. Lusch and S. Vargo, 91-107. M. E. Sharpe, 2006.
Select Conference Proceedings
(Past five years)
- "The Roles of Marketing and Sales in New Product Development," Biemans, Wim and Avinash Malshe, AMA Summer Educators’ Conference Proceedings, Chicago, Illinois.
- "A Nuanced View of the Marketing-Sales 'Activity' Interface: A Case of Small B2B Firms," Malshe, Avinash and Wim Biemans, AMA Summer Educators’ Conference Proceedings, Chicago, Illinois.
- Emotional and physical strain and identity cycles in voluntary turnover. Rothausen, Teresa J., Avinash Malshe and James K. Arnold, Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP; Division 14 of the American Psychological Association), San Diego, April, 2012. Selected for Featured Top Rated Posters session at the All-Conference Reception.
- "The Role of the Marketing-Sales Interface in Product Development," Biemans, Wim G. and Avinash Malshe presentation at PDMA Annual Research Forum, Phoenix, Arizona.
- "A Motley Pattern of Sales-Marketing Integration," Malshe, Avinash, Ravipreet Sohi and Michael Krush. Paper presented at the AMS World Marketing Congress in Reims, France, forthcoming 2011.
- "Building Internal Competitive Advantage: The Marketing-Sales Interface at the Interface," Hughes, Douglas E., Joel LeBon, Avinash Malshe and Jan Fedderson. Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference in Coral Gables, Florida, 2011.
- "The Marketing-Sales Interface: A Call for Qualitative Research," Biemans, Wim, Avinash Malshe and Maja Makovec Brenčič, European Marketing Academy Conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2011.
- "Taking Marketing-Sales Interface Research in A New Direction- A Research Agenda," Biemans, Wim G., Avinash Malshe and Maja Makovec Brenčič. 39th European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC), Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, (2010).
- Rothausen-Vange, Teresa, Avinash Malshe and Jim Arnold, "The Work and Life Iterative Assessment Model: A Content and Process Model of Turnover," Academy of Management Conference proceedings in Vancouver, Canada, 2010.
- "Investigating the Marketing-Sales Interface: Promising Areas for Future Research," Biemans, Wim, Avinash Malshe and Maja Makovec Brenčič. AMA Summer Educators’ Conference proceedings, Boston, Massachusetts, 2010.
- "The Elusive Search of Perfect Sales-Marketing Interface," Biemans, Wim, Avinash Malshe and Maja Makovec Brenčič. European Marketing Academy (EMAC) Conference proceedings, May 2009.
- "A Nuanced Perspective on Sales-Marketing Integration," Malshe, Avinash and R. S. Sohi. European Marketing Academy (EMAC) Conference proceedings, May 2009.
- "Marketing Strategy Implementation Failure: An Exploratory Investigation through the Sales-marketing Interface Lens," Malshe, Avinash and R. S. Sohi. AMA Winter Educators’ Conference proceedings, February 2009.
- "Fostering Cooperation between Sales and Marketing," Malshe, Avinash and R. S. Sohi. 3rd IIMA Conference on Marketing Paradigms for Emerging Economies proceedings, Ahmedabad, India, 2009.
- "Managing the Changing Marketing-Sales Interface," Biemans, W., M. M. Brenčič and A. Malshe. ISBM Bi-Annual Academic Conference proceedings, San Diego, California, 2008.
- "Sales-Marketing Interface: Unraveling the Nuances of Integration Mechanisms," Malshe, Avinash and R. S. Sohi. Conference on Enhancing Sales Force Productivity, Christian-Albrechts University at Kiel, Germany, 2008.
- "Rocky Sales-Marketing Interface: An Exploratory Examination of Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and Remedies," Malshe, Avinash and R. S. Sohi. American Marketing Association’s Winter Educators’ Conference proceedings, Austin, Texas, 2008.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- First recipient of the Susan E. Heckler Research Excellence Award, Opus College of Business, 2012.
- Presidential Graduate Fellow, University of Nebraska, 2004-2005
- Doctoral Consortium Fellow, AMA-Sheth Doctoral Consortium, College Station, Texas, June 2004
- Recipient of Gerald Phillippe Fellowship, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2003-2004