Associate Professor : Management Department
Send an email
B.A., Carleton College
M.I.A., Columbia University, School of International Affairs
Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- International management
- Global, virtual and cross-functional teams
- Social capital and social networks
- Social and cognitive networks developed from team experiences
- Developing social capital across national and organizational boundaries within multinational enterprises.
Maloney, Mary, S. Johnson and M. Zellmer-Bruhn, "Assessing Group-Level Constructs Under Missing Data Conditions: A Monte Carlo Simulation," Small Group Research 41:3 (2010): 281-307.
Maloney, Mary, M. Zellmer-Bruhn, A. Bhappu and R. Salvador, "When and How Do Differences Matter? An Exploration of Perceived Similarity in Teams," Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes 107:1 (2008): 41-59.
Maloney, Mary, A. Cuervo-Cazurra and M. Manrakhan, "Causes of the Difficulties in Internationalization," Journal of International Business Studies 38:5 (2007): 709-725.
- Maloney, Mary and M. Zellmer-Bruhn, "Building Bridges, Windows and Cultures: Mediating Mechanisms Between Heterogeneity and Performance in Global Teams," Management International Review 46:6 (2006): 697-720.
Significant Scholarly Honors
Carolyn Dexter Award – Best International Paper, Academy of Management, All-Academy Award (2010)
Small Group Research Best Article Award 2009-2010 – Finalist
Center for Integrative Leadership (University of Minnesota) – Leadership Award
Julie Hays Teaching Award Finalist (2010)
- Juran Fellowship
- Carlson School of Management Dissertation Fellowship
- McNamara Fellowship for Women
- Academy of International Business Dissertation Research Award
- Rotary Fellowship for International Understanding