: Management Department
B.A., engineering sciences, Dartmouth College
M.B.A., Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
Ph.D., strategic management & entrepreneurship, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Corporate entrepreneurship / internal corporate ventures
- New venture creation strategies
- Business development and innovation
- "New venture technological capabilities, geographic regions, and the establishment of alliances with high status partners"
- Understanding the x-Factor in Internal Corporate Venture Performance (Working Title)
- A congruency model of effectiveness and efficiency: Exploring generic competitive strategies and strategic types (Working Title)
- "The Role of Structural and Planning Autonomy in the Performance of Internal Corporate Ventures" Journal Small Business Management 50:3 (2012).
- Johnson, K.L. and C. Wu “Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities as a Means to Maintain Entrepreneurial Talent in Corporations," Journal Small Business and Entrepreneurship 25:3 (2012).
- Johnson, Kevin L., W. M. Danis and M. J. Dollinger, "Are You an Innovator or Adaptor? The Impact of Cognitive Propensity on Venture Expectations and Outcomes," New England Journal of Entrepreneurship 11:2 (2008): 29-45.
- Johnson, Kevin L., J. C. Rode, M. L. Arthuad-Day and J.P. Near, "Job and Life Satisfaction." In Handbook of Entrepreneurial Dynamics: The Process of Business Creation, chapter 14. Boulder, CO: SAGE, 2004.
- Johnson, Kevin L., W. M. Danis and M. J. Dollinger, "Decision-Making (Innovator/Adaptor) Style." In Handbook of Entrepreneurial Dynamics: The Process of Business Creation, chapter 15. Boulder, CO: SAGE, 2004.
Significant Scholarly Honors
Member Beta Gamma Sigma: The international honor society for business excellence
Research Based Radio Interviews on NPR in 2006:
KWBU Radio (NPR), “Corporate Entrepreneurship”
KWBU Radio (NPR), “The X-Factor”
Graduate Management Consortium Fellow
Honored in The Chancellor’s List®
GE Fund Future Faculty Fellowship Recipient
Profiled in Who’s Who in America®
Nominated for the Sauvain/Panschar Undergraduate Teaching Award in 2004
Reviewer Award: Received 2003 recognition for valuable contributions to the outstanding reviewing committee of the Academy of Management - Entrepreneurship Division
Ph.D. Project Management Doctoral Student Association Recipient (from 2000 - 2005)