Associate Professor : Entrepreneurship Department
Send an email
B.S., mechanical engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
M.S., international business, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Ph.D., strategy and entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Financial performance
- Small businesses strategy
- Start-up financing
- Financial behavior in small business
- Performance/industry linkages in small business
- Small business bootstrapping
- "Organization Strategy for Successful Firm Performance," with J. Ebben and R. Pricer, Journal of Applied Business. Forthcoming.
- "Efficiency, Flexibility, or Both? Evidence Linking Strategy to Performance in Small Firms," with J. Ebben, Strategic Management Journal, December 2005.
- "Bootstrapping in Small Firms: An Empirical Analysis of Change Over Time," with J. Ebben, Journal of Business Venturing. Forthcoming.
- “North American Case Research Association Proceedings,” Journal of Small Business Management USASBE proceedings. “Science Meets Business,” Madison Magazine, August 1998.
- “The Accuracy of Valuation Methods in Predicting the Selling Price of Small Firms,” with R.W. Pricer, Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 35 (4), 1997.
- “An Innovative Method for Accurately Predicting the Loan Performance of Small Businesses,” Proceedings of the ICSB, June 1996.
Current Community Relationships
- Junior Achievement
- Minneapolis Urban League