Assistant Professor : Finance Department
Send an email
M.S., University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia, Bulgaria
M.B.A., University of Montana
Ph.D., finance, University of Arkansas
- Corporate finance
- International finance and governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Agency theory
- Alternative methods of convergence toward U.S. market and legal regulations
- SOX and cross-listing
- The impact of formal and informal institutions on cross-border joint ventures
- Determinants of bidder and target identity in cross-border mergers
- Baxamusa, M. and D. Georgieva, “Two-Step Acquisitions and Liquidity Spread,” Journal of Economics and Finance, forthcoming.
- Georgieva, D. and T. Jandik, “Alternative Methods of Convergence toward U.S. Market and Legal Regulations: Cross-listing vs. Merging with U.S. Bidders," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 22:5 (2012): 230-251.
- Georgieva, D., T. Jandik, and W. Lee, “The impact of laws, regulations, and culture on cross-border joint ventures,” Journal of International Financial Markets, Money and Institutions 22:4 (2012): 774-795.
- Daugherty, M. and D. Georgieva, “Foreign cultures, Sarbanes–Oxley Act and cross-delisting,” Journal of Multinational Financial Management 21 (2011): 208-223.
- "Does Sarbanes-Oxley Act Chase away Foreign Firms? Evidence from ADR Terminations,” Journal of International Business Research 8:2 (2009): 115-149.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Best Engineering Student Award (Eureka Foundation Scholarship)
- Oustanding Female Foreign Student Award (University of Montana)
- Sam Walton Doctoral Fellowship (University of Arkansas)
- Summer Research Grants (University of Arkansas)