Professor : Ethics and Business Law Department
Send an email
B.S., economics, North Dakota State University
J.D., (with distinction) University of North Dakota School of Law
- Intellectual property
- Employment law
- E-Commerce law
- Assurance of Learning
- Employee non-compete agreements and trade secrets
- Garrison, Michael and J. T. Wendt, "The Evolving Law of Employee Non-Competes: Recent Trends and Alternative Policy Approach," America Business Law Journal 45 (2008).
- "Limiting the Protection of Employees from Compelled Non-Compete Agreements under State Whistleblower Laws: A Critical Analysis of Maw v. Advanced Clinical Communications," The Labor Lawyer 20 (2005).
- Garrison, Michael and C. D. Stevens, "Sign this Agreement Not to Compete or You’re Fired! Noncompete Agreements and the Public Policy Exception to Employment at Will," Employee Responsibilities & Rights Journal 15 (2003).
- Garrison, Michael, J. D. Reitzel and R. Bennett, American Law of Real Estate. South-Western Pub. Co., 2002.
- Garrison, Michael and T. Knoepfle, "Limited Liability Company Interests As Securities: A Proposed Framework For Analysis," American Business Law Journal 34 (1996).
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Distinguished Educator Award, NDSU Blue Key Fraternity, 1999
- Ralph C. Hoeber Award for Excellence in Research, American Business Law Journal, Vol. 34
- Ralph C. Hoeber Award for Best Overall Article & Award for Best Major Article, American Business Law Journal, Vol. 27
- Ralph C. Hoeber Award for Best Overall Article & Articles' Editor Award for Best Major Article, American Business Law Journal, Vol. 25
- Teacher of the Year Award, NDSU College of Business Administration, 1992
Current Editorial Board Appointments
- Journal of Law, Business and Ethics, Advisory Board Member
- Journal of Employment and Labor Law, Articles Reviewer
- American Business Law Journal, Articles Reviewer