Nakeisha S. Ferguson
Assistant Professor : Marketing Department
Send an email
B.S., marketing, University of Missouri-Columbia
M.A., advertising, University of Missouri-Columbia
Ph.D., advertising, University of Texas at Austin
- Urban & multicultural marketing communications
- Intersection of popular culture and branding
- Marketplace diversity
- Covert marketing
- Branding within popular music
- Multicultural marketing communications
- Ethics & target marketing
- Demangeot, Catherine, Natalie R. Adkins, Rene D. Mueller, Geraldine R. Henderson, Nakeisha S. Ferguson, James M. Mandiberg, Abhijit Roy, Guillaume D. Johnson, Eva Kipnis, Chris Pullig, Amanda J. Broderick, and Miguel Zuņiga, "Towards intercultural competency in multicultural marketplaces," Journal of Public Policy and Marketing (2013): 1-31.
- Kipnis, Eva, Amanda J. Broderick, Catherine Demangeot, Natalie R. Adkins, Nakeisha S. Ferguson, Geraldine R. Henderson, Guillaume Johnson, James M. Mandiberg, Rene D. Mueller, Chris Pullig, Abhijit Roy, Miguel A. Zuņiga, "Branding beyond prejudice: Navigating multicultural marketplaces for consumer well-being," Journal of Business Research (2012)
- Ferguson, Nakeisha, A. Broderick, C. Demangeot, N. Adkins, G. Henderson, G. Johnson, E. Kipnis, C. Pullig, J. Mandiberg, R. Mueller, A. Roy and M. Zuniga, "Consumer Empowerment in Multicultural Marketplaces: Navigating Multicultural Identities to Reduce Consumer Vulnerability," Journal of Research for Consumers 19 (December, 2011).
- Ferguson, Nakeisha, A. Broderick, C. Demangeot, E. Kipnis, C. Pullig, M. Zuniga, A. Roy, R. Mueller, J. Mandiberg, G. Johnson, G. Henderson and N. Adkins, "No Harm Done? Navigating Culture-based Branding in Multicultural Marketplaces: A Research Agenda," Social Business (December, 2011).
Significant Scholarly Honors
- American Marketing Association Foundation Valuing Diversity Award, 2007
- Morris Hite/Tracey Locke Presidential Scholarship, University of Texas at Austin, 2006-2007
- Witherspoon Research Award, Annette Strauss Institute, Summer 2006
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship, Honorable Mention, 2005