Professor and Department Chair : Ethics and Business Law Department
Send an email
B.S., chemical engineering, University of Massachusetts
Ph.D., strategic management and organization, University of Minnesota
- Business ethics
- Corporate governance
- Ethical decision-making
- Meaningful work
- Spirituality in the workplace
- Grounded theory development of ethical decision-making in organizations
- Honesty among entrepreneurs
- Ethical culture and financial performance
- Editors, Elm, D. and D. Koehn, "The Artist and the Ethicist: Character and Process," Aesthetics and Business Ethics, Springer-Verlag, forthcoming.
- "Aesthetics and Ethics"; "Obedience to the law and authority", Enclyclopedia of Management, Business Ethics Volume, 3rd Edition, Wiley, forthcoming.
- Elm, D. R. and T. J. Radin, "Ethical decision-making: Special or no different?" Journal of Business Ethics (2012)
- Elm, D. R. and S. S. Taylor, “Representing Wholeness: Learning via theatrical productions," Journal of Management Inquiry 19:2 (2010): 127-136.
- Hartman, L.P., D. R. Elm, T. J. Radin, and K. Richmond-Pope, "Translating corporate culture around the world: A cross-cultural analysis of whistleblowing as an example of how to say and do the right thing," Politeia, Anno XXV:93 (2009): 328-342.
- “Truth-telling,” Blackwell Encyclopedia of Business Ethics, Sage (2008).
- Elm, Dawn and P.C. Kelley, "The Effect of Context on Moral Intensity of Ethical Issues: Revising Jones' Issue- Contingent Model," Journal of Business Ethics 00 (2003): 1-16.
- "Honesty, Spirituality, and Performance at Work." In Workplace, Spirituality and Organizational Performance, edited by R. Biacalone, C. Jurkiewicz and M.E.Sharp. 2003.
- Elm, Dawn, E.J. Kennedy and L. Lawton, "Determinants of Moral Reasoning: Sex Role Orientation, Gender and Academic Factors," Business and Society 40:3 (2001): 241-265.
- Elm, Dawn and J.D. Teplensky, "The Three Faces of Honesty: A Confirmatory Factor Analysis," Research in Corporate Social Performance and Policy 15 (1998): 107-124.
- "Empirical Research in Business Ethics: Ethical Decision-Making at the Individual Level of Analysis." International Association for Business and Society conference Proceedings, Rice University, Houston, Texas, 2000.