Associate Professor : Entrepreneurship Department
Send an email
B.A., English, Miami University (Ohio)
M.B.A., University of Virginia
Ph.D., University of Virginia
- Early stage ventures
- Effect of organizational values on employee creativity
- Ethics and entrepreneurship
- Opportunity recognition
- Resource acquisition in entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Launching entrepreneurial ventures
- “From Rational to Wise Action: Recasting our Theories of Entrepreneurship,” Journal of Business Ethics 92:4 (2010): 513-530.
- Dunham, L., J. McVea, and R. E. Freeman, “Entrepreneurial Wisdom: Incorporating the Ethical and Strategic Dimensions of Entrepreneurial Decision-Making,” International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business 6:1 (2008): 8-19.
- “Entrepreneurship as Creative Market Action: A Framework for Identifying the Distinctive Domain of Entrepreneurial Ethics,” Business and Professional Ethics Journal 26 (2007): 3-39
- Freeman, R.E., L. Dunham, and J. McVea, “Strategy, Wisdom and Stakeholder Theory: A Pragmatic and Entrepreneurial View of Stakeholder Strategy.” In Handbook Of Organizational and Managerial Wisdom, edited by Eric H. Kessler and James R. Bailey, Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, 2007.
- "Enhancing Stakeholder Practice: A Particularized Exploration of Community," Business Ethics Quarterly (2006).
- Dunham, Laura and S. Venkataraman, "From Rational to Creative Action: Recasting our Theories of Entrepreneurship," Darden School Working Paper, DSWP-02-06, 2002.
- Dunham, Laura and R.E. Freeman, "There is Business Like Show Business: Leadership Learnings from the Theater," Organizational Dynamics 29 (2000): 108-122.
- "The Ethical Dimensions of Creative Market Action: A Framework for Identifying Issues and Implications of Entrepreneurial Ethics." Paper presented at the Carlson Ethics and Entrepreneurship Conference, 2006.
- "Entrepreneurial Wisdom: Incorporating the Ethical and Strategic Dimensions of Entrepreneurial Decision-Making." Paper presented at the Carlson Ethics and Entrepreneurship Conference, 2006.