Lawrence C. Chui
Assistant Professor : Accounting Department
Send an email
B.A., B.S., finance, Truman State University
M.Acc., Truman State University
Ph.D., accounting, University of North Texas
- Judgment and decision making in auditing
- Forensic accounting
- Accounting education
- Auditing and fraud risk assessment
- International ethics
- Byron Pike, Mary B. Curtis and Lawrence Chui, "How Does an Initial Expectation Bias Influence Auditors’ Application and Performance of Analytical Procedures?" The Accounting Review (2013 forthcoming).
- Chui, Lawrence and Byron Pike, "Auditors’ Responsibility for Fraud Detection: New Wine in Old Bottles?" Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting 5:1 (2013): 204-233.
- Chui, Lawrence, Byron Pike and Kasey Martin, "A Quasi-Experimental Assessment of Interactive Student Response System on Student Confidence, Effort, and Course Performance," Journal of Accounting Education (2013 forthcoming).
- Eileen Taylor, Mary B. Curtis and Lawrence Chui, "Staff Auditors' Observations of Questionable Peer Behavior: The View from the Other Side," The CPA Journal (June, 2012): 66-71.
- Mary B. Curtis, Teri Conover and Lawrence Chui, "The Role of Justice, Power Distance, and Gender on the Influence of National Culture on Ethical Decision-Making," Journal of International Accounting Research 11:1 (Spring, 2011): 5-34.
- Byron Pike and Lawrence Chui, "An Evaluation of the FASB’s Conceptual Framework from a User’s Perspective," Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal 16:1 (2012): 77-94.
- Chui, Lawrence and Mary B. Curtis, "Intrepreneurs and Innovation," Strategic Finance 92:5 (November, 2010): 49-53.
Other Notable Accomplishments
- C.P.A., licensed in the state of Missouri