Assistant Professor : Management Department
Send an email
B.A., Bluffton College
M.B.A., Management, The Ohio State University
Ph.D., Labor and Human Resources, The Ohio State University
Current Research Interests
- Trust in organizations
- Workplace commitments
- Employee voice and silence
- Brinsfield, C. T. "Employee Silence Motives: Investigation of Dimensionality and Development of Measures," Journal of Organizational Behavior (forthcoming).
- Brinsfield, C. T. "Employee Voice and Silence in Organizational Behavior." In The Handbook of Research on Employee Voice, edited by A. Wilkinson, J. Donaghey, T. Dundon and R. Freeman. Northampton: Edward Elgar Publishing, forthcoming.
- Klein, H. J. and Chad Brinsfield, "Workplace Commitments." In The Oxford Handbook of Work Attitudes and Affect, edited by H. Weiss. Routledge. Taylor and Francis, forthcoming.
- Klein, H. J., J. C. Molloy, and Chad Brinsfield, "Reconceptualizing Workplace Commitment to Redress a Stretched Construct: Revisiting Assumptions and Removing Confounds," Academy of Management Review 37 (2012): 130-151.
- Lewicki, R. J. and Chad Brinsfield, "Measuring Trust Beliefs and Behaviors." In Handbook of Research Methods on Trust, edited by F. Lyon, G. Möllering and M. N. K. Saunders, 29-39. Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar, 2011.
- Lewicki, R. J. and Chad Brinsfield, "Framing Trust: Trust as a Heuristic." In Framing Matters: Perspectives on Negotiation Research and Practice in Communication, edited by W.A . Donahue, R. R. Rogan and S. Kaufman, 110-135. New York: Peter Lang Publishing, 2011.
- Lewicki, R. J. and Chad Brinsfield, "Trust, Distrust and Building Social Capital." In Social Capital: Reaching Out, Reaching In, edited by V. Bartkus and J. Davis, 275-303. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2009.
- Brinsfield, Chad, M. Edwards, and J. Greenberg, "Voice and Silence in Organizations: Historical Overview and Current Conceptualizations." In Employee Voice and Silence in Organizations, edited by J. Greenberg and M. Edwards, 3-33. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2009.
- Alge, B., J. Greenberg, and Chad Brinsfield, "An Identity-Based Model of Organizational Monitoring: Integrating Information Privacy and Organizational Justice." In Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management, edited by J. J. Martocchio, 71-35. Oxford, UK: Elsevier, 2006.