Associate Professor : Operations and Supply Chain Management Department
Send an email
B. Tech., electrical engineering, Institute of Technology, Varanasi, India
M.B.A., operations/finance, Xavier Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur, India
Ph.D., operations management, University of Texas, Austin
- Service management (health care, call centers, airlines, hospitality)
- Process analysis & design
- Lean Management & Six-Sigma Operations
- Flexibility & efficiency in operations
- Project management
- Theory of constraints & Bottleneck Management
- Capacity management in health care
- Process analysis & design; process innovation & re-engineering
- Improving efficiency, productivity, quality in health care
- CRM Performance Evaluation in Knowledge Management
- Design for control: a new perspective on product design
- Developing efficient tournament schedules for golfers and tennis players
- Fitzsimmons, James, Mona Fitzsimmons, and Sanjeev Bordoloi. Service Management: Operations, Strategy, Information Technology, 8th edition. McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- Bordoloi, S. and W. Gu, “Performance Evaluation of Metro Stations in Shanghai," International Journal of Services and Operations Management 11:2 (2012): 151-168.
- "Who's the Real Bottleneck?" International Journal of Global Business and Economics (IJGBE) 2-3 (2009): 33-42.
- "A Quantitative Model for CRM Performance Evaluations," Journal of International Technology & Information Management 17:2 (2008): 99-110.
- Bordoloi, Sanjeev and H. Guerrero, "Design for Control: A New Perspective on Product Design," International Journal of Production Economics 113 (2008): 346-358.
- Bordoloi, Sanjeev and K. Beach, "Improving Operational Efficiency in an Inner-City Emergency Department," Health Service Management Research 20 (2007).
- "A Control Rule for Recruitment Planning in Knowledge-Intensive Engineering Consultancy," Journal of Productivity Analysis 26 (October, 2006): 147-163.
- "Agent Recruitment Planning in Knowledge-Intensive Call Centers," Journal of Service Research 6:4 (May, 2004): 309-323.
- Bordoloi, Sanjeev and H. Matsuo, "Human Resource Planning in Knowledge-Intensive Operations: A Model for Learning with Stochastic Turnover," European Journal of Operations Research 130 (2001): 169-189.
- Bordoloi, Sanjeev and E. J. Weatherby, "Managerial Implications of Calculating Optimal Nurse Staffing Mix in Medical Units," Health Care Management Review 24:4 (1999): 35-44.
- Bordoloi, Sanjeev, W. W. Cooper and H. Matsuo, "Flexibility, Adaptability and Efficiency in Manufacturing Systems," Journal of Production and Operations Management 8:2 (1999): 133-150.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- "List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Students" for two graduate courses, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006-07.
- Sam M. Walton Free Enterprise Fellow in recognition of leadership in Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE), 2001-05.
- Alfred Page Graduate Teaching Award, College of William & Mary, 2004.
- Outstanding Paper Award at Southeast DSI conference, Charleston, 2004.
- Professor N Mukherjee Silver Jubilee Award for securing first position in Economics area in the MBA class at XLRI, Jamshedpur, India, 1992.
Current Community Relationships
- Member, Institute for Operations Research & Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Member, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (MSOM)
- Member, Production & Operations Management Society (POMS)
- Member, Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)