Janell L. Blazovich
Assistant Professor : Accounting Department
Send an email
Janell L. Blazovich is an assistant professor in the Department of Accounting. She received a Ph. D. in accounting from Texas A&M University in 2008, a master of business taxation from the University of Minnesota in 1999 and a B.S. in accounting from Marquette University in 1991. Blazovich also earned the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) designation in 1994.
Blazovich’s research interests include ethics, corporate social responsibility, compensation, and gender and diversity issues. She has published her research in Research on Professional Responsibility and Ethics in Accounting; Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues; and Team Performance Management. Her research has been presented at various conferences including the AAA Annual Meetings (2011, 2010, 2009 and 2004), the Annual Symposium on Ethics Research in Accounting (2012 and 2009), the International Conference of the Allied Academies (2013 and 2012), the AAA Southwest Regional Meeting (2005) and the University of Texas Law School Ethics Symposium (2004). Before beginning her academic career, she enjoyed a career in both public and private accounting.
Blazovich teaches introduction to financial accounting and managerial accounting at the undergraduate level.more
B.S., Marquette University
M.B.T., University of Minnesota
Ph.D., Texas A&M University
- Experimental research on decision making in accounting
- Blazovich, J. L. and L. M. Smith, Ethical Corporate Citizenship: Does it Pay?” Research on Professional Responsibility and Ethics in Accounting 15 (2011): 127-163.
- Blazovcich, J., K. Smith, and M. Smith, “An Examination of Financial Performance and Risk of Environmentally Friendly 'Green' Companies”, Journal of Legal, Ethical and Regulatory Issues, Forthcoming.
- “Team Identity and Performance-based Compensation Effects on Performance,” Team Performance Management, Forthcoming 2013.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- Distinguished Paper Award, American Accounting Association Southwest Region, 2005
- Regents Graduate Fellowship, Texas A&M University, 2003-2006
- Graduate Merit Fellowship, Texas A&M University, 2003-2004
- Erling Dokken Scholarship, University of Minnesota, 1998
Memberships and Certifications