Sergey S. Barabanov
Associate Professor : Finance Department
Send an email
M.S./B.S., international economics and management, University of Maryland-Far Eastern National University, Russia
M.B.A., Washington State University
Ph.D., finance, Washington State University
- Institutional investors
- Investor behavior
- Information asymmetries
- Securities litigation
- Asset pricing
- Hedge funds
- Portfolio management
- Equity and business valuation
- Class action litigation and institutional ownership
- Institutional ownership and analyst recommendations
- Market perception of information asymmetry and stock returns
- Post-IPO litigation and institutional ownership
- Market neutral investment strategy
- Portfolio diversification
- Barabanov, Sergey S., O. Ozocak, T. J. Walker and H. J. Turtle, "Institutional Investors and Shareholder Litigation," Financial Management 37:2 (2008): 227-250.
- Walker, T. J., D. Thiengtham, O. Ozocak, and S. Barabanov, "The Role of Indemnification Agreements and Legal Liability in Railroad Disasters: A Financial Market Perspective," International Journal of Managerial Finance 3:4 (2007): 338-359.
- Barabanov, Sergey S. and T. V. Avdeyeva, "Adopting a Theoretical Framework for Teaching Finance: A Vygotskian Perspective," Advances in Financial Education 5 (Fall 2007): 62-76.
- Walker, T. J., K. Pukthuanthong, and S. Barabanov, "On the Stock Market’s Reaction to Major Railroad Accidents: An Empirical Analysis," The Journal of the Transportation Research Forum 45:5 (Spring 2006): 23-39.
- "Investors, Institutional." In International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, Vol. 4, 2nd ed., edited by William A. Darity, Jr., 135-137. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA, 2008.
Significant Scholarly Honors
- The Outstanding Paper Award at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2008
- Gold medal for academic excellence, Russian Federation, 1990
- Fourth, sixth, and ninth places in the All-Russian Academic Olympiads in physics, math, and chemistry respectively
Western Finance Association
American Finance Association
Financial Management Association International
Midwest Finance Association