Assistant Professor : Accounting Department
Send an email
Ozer Asdemir earned his Ph.D. in management science with a concentration in accounting from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2005. His research interests include intangibles and R&D valuation, impact of financial intermediaries on intangible valuation, impact of investor sophistication and informed trading on intangible valuation, and the impact of accounting information quality on valuation.more
B.A., economics, Bilkent University -Turkey
Ph.D., management science, University of Texas - Dallas
- Accounting information quality and valuation
- Valuation of intangible assets
- Valuation of R&D
- Strategic cost management
- Non-profit organizations
- Information composition and R&D mispricing
- R&D valuation and investor sophistication
- Sticky cost issues
- Earnings forecast models
- Anderson, Mark, Ozer Asdemir and Arindam Tripathy, "Use of precedent and antecedent information in Strategic Cost Management," Journal of Business Research 66:5 (2013): 643-650.
- Asdemir, Ozer, Turki Bugshan and Mamdouh Baowaidan, "Value Relevance of R & D Spending by Rivals," Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal 17:1 (2013): 103-117.
- Asdemir, Ozer, Guy Fernando, and Arindam Tripathy, "An Empirical Analysis of the Market Perception of Firm Strategy," Managerial Finance 39:2 (2013).
- Asdemir, Ozer and Richard S. Sathe, "Understanding Transient-Member Nonprofit Organizations," The Journal of Contemporary Business Issues (2012).
- Asdemir, Ozer, Mohammed Mufti and Fareed Sheikh, "R&D Uncertainty in Future Benefits," Journal of Accounting and Finance, 12:3 (2012): 148-161.
- Banker, Rajiv D., Indranil Bardhan and Ozer Asdemir, "Understanding the Impact of Collaboration Software on Product Design and Development," Information Systems Research 17:4 (2006): 352-373.