Beyond Compliance 7-Part CEBC Series
Wednesday, June 15, 7:30 AM
The Center for Ethical Business Cultures (CEBC) invites you to take part in a series of seven discussions on organizational culture, particularly the challenges of sustaining a commitment to ethical conduct.
Beyond compliance programs, we all strive to sustain a culture that motivates our organizations and our employees to high standards of ethics and responsibility. The best organizations lead not by a “thou shalt not” list, but through an affirmative vision, stories and deeds that bring to life what we stand for, how we conduct ourselves and what we seek to accomplish.
These are invitation-only meetings; they are not open to the public. For information on membership, see the Center for Ethical Business Cultures website.
The question: How to do it, and do it well?
Over the next year, we ask you to join a small group of your counterparts from other CEBC member companies and selected guests to share insights and experiences focused on culture. Working together, we expect to shed light on strategies, tactics and potential best practices for keeping ethical values alive and vibrant in your organizations. As a starting point, we offer CEBC’s research-based model of ethical culture as a framework for our discussions. The model encompasses six elements:
- Values: articulating and renewing core values.
- Leadership: the role leaders play in affirming the values.
- Process Alignment: ensuring alignment between values and routine business processes and practices.
- Stakeholder Balance: balancing conflicting (and shared) stakeholder values and interests.
- Long-term Perspective: dealing with short-term pressures while striving for long-term perspectives.
- Measurement: measuring the tenor and vitality of the organizational culture.
However, the real substance of our discussions will focus on how you, and organizations you know well, have tackled these elements. In the end, we expect these conversations to uncover concrete ideas that you can adapt as you build and refresh your own approach.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2011 — Beyond Compliance: Introduction to the CEBC Model
- Friday, September 16, 2011 — Beyond Compliance: Leadership and Core Values
- Friday, November 18, 2011 — Beyond Compliance: Process Alignment
- Friday, January 20, 2012 — Beyond Compliance: Balancing Stakeholder Interests
- Friday, March 9, 2012 — Beyond Compliance: Creating a Long-Term Perspective
- Friday, April 27, 2012 — Beyond Compliance: Measurement
- Friday, June 1, 2012 — Beyond Compliance: Putting It All Together
Wednesday, June 15, 7:30 AM
University of St. Thomas
Opus College of Business
1000 LaSalle Ave
Terrence Murphy Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Additional details are available for this event.