As a newly confirmed student, please complete the following tasks as soon as possible to prepare for your first term:
- If you haven't already, contact your program adviser to schedule an initial meeting where you will discuss program policies and procedures and your degree plan.
- RSVP for the New Student Orientation, if you haven't already. Held just prior to the start of the fall and spring semesters, all new students are expected to attend. You will have a chance to meet and network with fellow incoming students, as well as the dean, faculty and program administrators.
- Review and complete the Student Payment Agreement and Disclosure Statement. Students are not able to register until a payment agreement is on file. The standard agreement (Extended Payment Plan) offers extended payment terms and can be completed in the Murphy Online student system. The End-of-Term plan, available only to students receiving more than 50% tuition reimbursement but not receiving any other financial aid, requires a form to be printed, signed and submitted to the Business Office. Learn more about the tuition payment plans and terms.
- Visit First Term Registration to register for your first term classes!
Once you’ve completed the steps above, here is a checklist of things to do before the start of the term:
- Buy your books. Textbooks are usually in stock two weeks before the start of each term. Textbooks for classes scheduled on the Minneapolis campus are available at the Minneapolis bookstore. Books for classes in St. Paul are at the St. Paul campus bookstore. You may also purchase your books (used or new) through the bookstore online.
- Visit the Evening UST MBA Student Services Community in Blackboard. Familiarize yourself with this key online reference area for Evening UST MBA program information. You will find program policies, course information, elective tracks documents, upcoming highlighted courses and calendars for the upcoming academic year and many more items of interest.
- Log in with your new UST username and password
- Open the "Community" tab at the top of the page
- Select "Student Services, Evening UST MBA" under "My Organizations"
Complete the required sexual misconduct training, Not Anymore, through Murphy Online. This is a video-based program that should take 45-60 minutes to complete. Log in to Murphy Online, click on “Student Services,” and select “Sexual Misconduct Required Training.” All current and incoming graduate and undergraduate students are required to complete this training.
- Submit the FAFSA (if appropriate). If you plan on applying for Federal Financial Aid, please visit the Graduate Financial Aid Office website to review instructions and complete the FAFSA.