Reduce the total number of credits required to earn your MBA by more than 20%
You may be eligible to waive up to four courses (12 credits) with appropriate documentation. Core course waivers imply that you have the essential knowledge and understanding of the core course material, and are properly prepared for any future core or elective course for which the waived course was a prerequisite.
Academic credit is not awarded for any waived course, nor will the course appear on academic transcripts.
There are three primary means of waiving a required course:
- Completion of at least two undergraduate courses or one graduate-level course covering the corresponding UST MBA core course material. (One undergraduate course in managerial accounting may be sufficient to waive Managerial Accounting.)
- The most recent of the undergraduate courses was taken within the past five years, and a second course within seven years.
- A grade of “B” or better (3.0 grade points or higher) was earned in any course considered for a course waiver.
- Course(s) must have been taken at an AACSB-accredited institution (graduate/undergraduate) or an approved regionally-accredited institution (undergraduate).
Part-time UST MBA students are eligible to take waiver exams for the following courses:
- Statistical Methods for Decision Making (OPMT 600)
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 601)
- Legal Environment of Business (BLAW 600)
- Economics of Organization and Management (GBEC 600)
- Marketing Management (MKTG 600)
- Financial Management (FINC 600)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 605)