Careers in Health Care: Gap Analysis
Thursday, April 7, 4:30 PM
Where are the gaps between the health care workforce of today and the workforce (job functions, skills and education) that will be necessary to achieve the desired health care system of the future?
Join the discussion:
Panelists will give an overview of their observations followed by an interactive Q&A session with the audience.
The panel will be comprised of prominent business leaders that represent the diversity of the health care industry:
- Dawn Bazarko, DNP, MPH, RN
SVP, Center for Nursing Advancement, UnitedHealth Group
- Kathleen D. Brooks, MD, MBA, MPA
Director, Rural Physician Associate Program
Assistant Professor Family Medicine and Community Health, University of MN Medical School
- Bob Van Why
Senior Vice President of Primary Care and Practice Development, HealthPartners
- Brad and Cindy Chandler
Principals, The Chandler Group Executive Search
- Paula Skjefte
president / CEO Waterford Consulting (medical device / biotech strategy and innovation)
- Moderator: Joe White, CPA, principal, Health Care, LarsonAllen, LLP, and Health Care UST MBA faculty member
The video from this program can be viewed here.
This program will be immediately followed by a health care networking reception in which current students, alumni and prospective students of the UST MBA programs will be able to connect with others in the St. Thomas health care community to discuss the gaps and opportunities in their sectors of the industry. Attendees will have the option of identifying the sector(s)in which they have expertise/interest, including:
- Medical device/biotech/pharmaceutical organizations
- Provider organizations (including hospitals, medical groups, long term care, community health, mental health, and more)
- Payer and wellness / lifestyle organizations
- Professional services in health care (including vendors, consultants, educators, advocacy & philanthropic groups, government services, and more)
- ALL are welcome to attend.
4:30 - 6 p.m. Panel presentation and interactive Q&A in Opus Hall, MOH201
6 - 7:30 p.m. Networking reception in the Terrence Murphy Hall Atrium. Light hors d'oeuvres will be served.
Both the program and the reception are FREE of charge, but registration is requested and will be available soon.