Deciphering the Marketing Impact of Health Care Reform
Thursday, February 24, 7:30 AM
February 24, 7:30 - 9 am
Since the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly referred to as health care reform, all sectors of the industry have had to modify or initiate business practices to be in compliance with the new law.
But what about reform's impact on marketing? What does it mean for providers, payers, patients and device manufacturers?
For those of us responsible for marketing in our organizations, this will be an insightful panel discussion to decipher the PPACA's major impacts on marketing,not only in our own areas of accountability,but across the broader health care spectrum.
- Phil Stalboerger, VP of Policy and Legislative Affairs, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Marie Dotseth, Principal, Dotseth Health Consulting, LLC
- Jeff Mirviss, Group Vice President of Marketing, Cardiology, Rhythm and Vascular Division, Boston Scientific
- Avinash Malshe, Assistant Professor of Marketing, University of St. Thomas
- Panel will be moderated by Jack Militello, PhD, Health Care UST MBA Program Director
This program is part of the MN Chapter of the American Marketing Association's Health Care Special Interest Group Series.
Video clips from program:
Q&A Part 1: Discussion of definitions: Consumer / Patient / Customers / Providers / Payers / Buyers
Q&A Part 2: Discussion of innovation and globalization
Q&A Part 3: How will the needs and use of marketers change?
Q&A Part 4: Discussion of the relationship between ratings and marketing efforts
Q&A Part 5: Discussion of opportunities for entrepreneurial companies and innovations / discussion of ACO’s
Q&A Part 6: Discussion of key messages / audience / ROI / conclusion