Health Care UST MBA
Before You Apply
The Health Care UST MBA program seeks a high-quality student body that is diverse in academic backgrounds, job functions and employing organizations. To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or the equivalent from an international institution.
The admissions committee will assess a variety of criteria that measure the candidate's demonstrated and potential abilities. We take a comprehensive view of each candidate's application and will evaluate each candidate on the following parameters:
- The level and extent of experience in the health care field. Candidates are evaluated on their ability to draw on experience to contribute to the collaborative learning environment of their cohort. Successful candidates typically have a minimum of five years of work experience in the health care industry or a related field. They must provide evidence of leadership aptitude in the form of letters of recommendation, essays, descriptions of job responsibilities and the admissions interview.
- Academic preparedness. The Health Care UST MBA's rigorous curriculum requires advanced quantitative and qualitative skill development. The following criteria are used to evaluate academic readiness:
1. Undergraduate performance
2. Extensive, relevant work experience that demands the application of business principles in an on-the-job setting
3. Participation in advanced degree or certification programs
4. Letters of recommendation and essays that testify to a high level of academic preparedness and exceptional professional ability.
- Program fit. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to link the curriculum to his or her professional objectives and to participate effectively in the shared learning of the cohort model. Program fit is evaluated throughout the admissions process and specifically assessed through the application essays and during the admissions interview.
- Application form (online application or PDF application)
- $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcripts from all academic institutions attended (download PDF form)
- Essay responses (download essay response template)
- Three letters of recommendation (download PDF form)
- Admissions interview. After the majority of your application has been received, we will schedule an admissions interview. This one-hour interview will typically include the Health Care UST MBA staff and a current student, alumnus, or member of the faculty.
- Optional: the GMAT test (Graduate Management Admissions Test).
As an executive-style program, the Health Care UST MBA does not require the GMAT for admission. However, if you have taken the test you may choose to submit your score. To submit your application without a GMAT test score, choose "no" in answer to the question, "Have you taken the GMAT?" on the online application.
Mail application materials to:
Health Care UST MBA Admissions
University of St. Thomas
1000 LaSalle Avenue, TMH 441
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005