For Our Clients
Welcome to the SBI consulting program—as a client, you can expect a high level of service and expertise. You will also be contributing to an extraordinary educational experience for students.
The basics of the program are outlined here. Feel free to contact us with any further questions.
How You Benefit
For the business owner or non-profit manager, the program offers the following benefits:
- Access to a diverse pool of expert faculty (many are experienced consultants in their fields) and highly trained business students capable of conducting cutting edge consulting projects.
- Affordable consulting rates that are pro-rated based on your business’s annual revenue.
- Confidentiality of your business ideas and problems guaranteed by St. Thomas’s code of ethics and signing of a Confidentiality Agreement by the consulting team.
To be eligible for participation in the consulting program, all interested clients must:
- Have been in business for at least one year.
- Be located in the Minnesota seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area of Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington counties
- Submit a completed client application form by July 15 (Fall) or December 15 (Spring)
- Be willing to meet with students at mutually agreeable times
- Be willing to provide all information necessary for the completion of the consulting project, including financial information.
- Agree to pay 100% of the consulting fee at the final presentation.
Cost of Participating
Business clients whose projects are selected to be in the program will be charged a nominal fee to cover the cost of research and printing. The fee applied is based on your annual revenue:
- $400 for organizations with annual revenue under $1 million.
- $800 for organizations with annual revenue between $1–5 million.
- $1,200 for organizations with annual revenue of more than $5 million.
Deliverables You Receive
Upon completion of the project, participants will receive:
- A comprehensive written report detailing the projects' objectives, findings, and suggested courses of action.
- An oral presentation of the project findings to the client's team (no limit on the number of individuals from your organization attending).
- An electronic copy of the project report.