Master of Science Degree in Accountancy
The following elements comprise a complete application for the UST MS in Accountancy Degree program:
Applicant must complete or submit the following items through the UST graduate online application:
- Online application form
- Application fee of $60. Use a credit card online or mail a check or money order to our office.
- Current résumé (upload to online application)
- Personal Statement (download Personal Statement template)
Applicant must arrange for the following items to be sent to the Mailing Address below:
- Official transcripts (download PDF form) from ALL undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution along with the completed transcript request form included in this application. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. Exceptions: It is not necessary to submit transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits. It is not necessary to submit a transcript for any coursework at the University of St. Thomas.
- Official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score report. Before you begin the exam, select the UST MS in Accountancy Degree program to receive a score report. Our code is B7L-4N-20. Learn more about the GMAT.
- Two letters of recommendation (download PDF form). In the online application, you will have the opportunity to send an email to your recommenders offering them instructions on how to submit their letters. At least one of these letters must be from an accounting professor. Please provide each recommender with the list of topics to be addressed either in the suggested email or you can also download this PDF form and provide it to them in person. Letters can be submitted via email to email@example.com or by U.S. mail to the address below.
International Students also should submit:
- English Proficiency Tests. If English is not your native language, you must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve minimum scores on the Internet based test (iBT) of 22 for Listening, 22 for Reading, 26 for Speaking and 24 for Writing. Test scores must be current within two years. We will also accept a minimum of 7.0 on the IELTS test. We must receive an official report of the score (not copies) directly from the ETS (code 6110). Keep in mind that TOEFL scores take from 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. For more information on the TOEFL exam, go to www.toefl.org.
- Transcript/Marksheet (an official listing of the subjects you have studied and the grades/marks received in each class).
- Diploma (the official certificate showing the exact name of your degree and the date you received it). If your transcript clearly specifies the name of your degree and your date of graduation, then you do not need to submit a diploma. If you are currently enrolled in a degree program and your degree has not yet been awarded, please specify the month and year in which you expect to receive your degree.
- English translations. For all transcripts and diplomas in a language other than English, please submit BOTH the original documents as well as an English translation of them. A translation, unaccompanied by the original documents from which the translation originated, is not an acceptable educational credential.
- Transcript/credential evaluation. Please contact our admissions office for approved evaluation providers, or UST makes this service available for $100. We require applicants' credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelors degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. For more information on transcript evaluation options, see our Transcript Evaluation page.
- Financial Verification. International applicants should first complete the application process to be considered for the UST MSA program. If you are admitted, the International Student Questionnaire and Financial Certification Form (with bank statement or other financial support documentation) must be submitted as an additional part of your application. This form is available from St. Thomas’ International Admissions Office at (651) 962-6450 or http://www.stthomas.edu/admissions/international/. Financial verification is not considered in the admission decision. It is for immigration purposes only. Our International Admissions Office will work with you to obtain a student visa. The I-20 immigration form will be issued only after all admissions requirements have been fulfilled and you have been accepted to the program.
For more information on international admission at UST, see www.stthomas.edu/admissions/international.
All mailed elements should be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
OCB Graduate Records - Admissions
1000 LaSalle Ave., TMH 441
Minneapolis, MN 55403