Master of Business Communication
Before You Apply
Our goal is to make the application process as simple as possible. If you have any questions, please call (651) 962-4380.
All applicants will include the following:
- An application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Please use our online application form and select either the MBC degree or Business Communication certificate.
- A current résumé that reflects a minimum of two years of full-time work experience.
- Official transcripts providing evidence of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Electronic, secure documents can be sent from a college or university registrar directly to the UST Graduate Records office email@example.com. If you choose paper documents, they must be mailed directly to the UST Graduate Records office from all of the institutions that contributed to the degree.
Degree applicants must also include:
- Scores from the GMAT or GRE or MBA Math. Contact an admissions advisor to discuss the best test option.
- A personal essay (1–2 pages) that identifies career objectives and explains how a UST MBC degree supports them.
All certificate and special enrollment applicants must:
- Arrange for a writing assessment scheduled through the UST MBC office. Applicants can choose an individual appointment at the Minneapolis campus or attend an evening session scheduled each term.
International applicants must add the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- A transcript evaluation or fee.
- Financial certification forms.
- More detailed information for international students can be found on our International Student Information page.
All mailed elements should be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
OCB Graduate Records - Admissions
1000 LaSalle Ave., TMH 441
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
Electronic official transcripts can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
New students may begin the UST MBC degree or certificate in the fall, spring or summer terms. The admissions committee reviews applications three times a year: in August, January and April. Decisions are provided shortly after each deadline date.
April 15, 2014, for summer term and early fall semester consideration.
August 4, 2014 for fall semester.
Attend an Information Session
A great way to get an in-depth look at the Master of Business Communication is to attend one of our scheduled Information Sessions. Upcoming sessions are scheduled for the following dates and possibly more!
Monday, March 31
Tuesday, April 8