Degrees & Programs
New Venture Club
The mission of the UST MBA New Venture Club is to enhance the educational experience by developing members to be venture capital analysts for the Norris Institute and providing access to the local venture capital community.
Benefits of Membership in the New Venture Club
The New Venture Club gives students the ability to advance their educational and professional goals as prospective entrepreneurs or investors in new ventures. Membership in this club is unique because it grants students the opportunity to evaluate early-stage businesses as potential targets for investment and to make recommendations to the head of the Norris Institute, the dean of the Opus College of Business and the CFO of the University of St. Thomas. The club also offers its members other opportunities that include, but are not limited to, networking, speakers and off-campus events.
- Increase status of club by working directly with the Norris Institute to prepare recommendations for investment.
- Establish key project to analyze and propose recommendation to investors.
- Bring in two topic-specific speakers per semester. These could be venture capitalists, CEOs, angel investors, professors and the Norris Institute Portfolio Team.
- Include students in the four collaborative seminars and annual conference held in the Twin Cities.
- Provide networking events with local entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
- Work with such other clubs as finance marketing to jointly present speakers.
- Create application process for first-year students to participate in due diligence presentations during second year.
Executive Vice President - Norris Institute
Vice President of Finance